Friday, November 4, 2011

Vertigo?

I did a hearing test this morning and apparently have nearly perfect hearing. The doctor said I have the hearing of a fifth grader, so I can't complain too much! It makes up for my husband losing his hearing already (due to ultra loud music all the time *ahem*).

I've been diagnosed with vertigo (dizziness caused by fluid in the inner ear -- while standing or sitting) and was sent to an ENT. He checked everything and asked me questions, and at the end he told me I don't fit into any certain category of vertigo, so he's not sure how to treat it. Now I'm going to have to do a "dizzy test," which obviously already sounds thrilling. And just for the heck of it, I'm going to have allergy testing done also. I have allergies of some kind year round, so I might as well see if I can avoid any of them.

I'm having a Nuchal Translucency (NT) Scan today, which should give a REALLY good guess on the gender of the baby!!

I got a seasonal job at Target that I'm starting in about a week. I need to get out of this house and get my mind on things other than how sick I'm feeling. Being here day after day gets really frustrating, and who am I to complain about a bit of extra money around the holidays? (Actually it'll probably go towards bills and student loans, but a girl can dream!) Hopefully the pregnancy swelling doesn't get too bad, otherwise a job where I'm constantly standing will be terrible!


No comments:

Post a Comment