Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dangers of Swimming with Dogs


Well, we took Sam swimming for the first time last night. He loved it and kept fighting to get back in the pool every time we kicked him out. Thing is, he wants to be right next to you in the pool, and when he's near, he ends up getting excited and really swiping his paws while he swims. I was in the deep end of the pool when we discovered this... He was pushing down on me while he was swiping, and I ended up with this:


After that, I was scared to death every time he came near me in the pool. Matt attempted to keep Sam away from me starting then.

Oh, and did I mention I'm getting carpal tunnel in my left wrist as well? Why am I being tortured in such manners?? haha... It hurt SO bad to swim. My right wrist is waaaay more carpal tunnelly (let's pretend that's a word) than the left one though, so it could be worse :)

2 comments:

  1. OWWW!!! Bad puppy! I think he needs to swim with flippers on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he thought he was helping. You know how you get that itchy back in the pool? Well, he could tell you needed help.

    Gah, Meg I'm so sorry. Again, let me know if there are costs I need to cover for you, anything. And when I can come visit :)

    ReplyDelete